Wednesday, April 6, 2011

An Easter Prelude

I'm not sure if anyone really reads this blog.  But, for those who happen to stumble upon it, my prayer is that God uses my simple words and meager thoughts to feed you a morsel of encouragement or shine a glimmer of hope on your day.  I can see that it's been many months since my last post, but I'm not one to write for the sake of having a blog post every day or every week or every whatever.  I'm one to write when it's written on my heart.  And today my heart was lavished with goodness from my Sustainer.  So I pass it on to you...

As I grow in age (I hit a new decade last month!) and hopefully mature in my faith and walk with Jesus, I have gained an ever greater appreciation and love for the Easter season.  In fact, it has blown Christmas out of the water for me.  (Before you go criticizing my theology, I am fully aware that you cannot have Easter without Christmas...I got that.)  But, my entire hope as a believer in Jesus Christ lies in the fact that He looked death in the face, took it by the scruff of the neck, and laid it back in the ground where it belongs so that we can say, "Death where is your victory?"  No other person in the course of history has gone head to head with death and been named the Champion!  My hope and joy every morning when I rise from my bed is that one day I will rise to a Son who has prepared a place of perfection for me beside Himself.  And it's never going to end.  Can you begin to wrap your mind around that?  I don't even know where to start!

I took the two oldest Fosslings to preschool this morning, and as I drove home I threw the ipod on shuffle.  And this is what I cranked at 80 decibels while driving down the road.  I hope it brings as much hope and empowerment to you as it did to me. (Do yourself a gigantic favor and crank your volume.)

"King of Glory"

1 comment:

  1. Beccy - I just checked this for the first time in forever, because you ,like me, only write when we feel led - I love you~ I love this post and I totally agree with you! Have you heard the song CHRIST IS RISEN FROM THE DEAD? I cranked that one up to 80 decibels the other day - tears streaming from my cheeks as I think of how POWERFUL our Conquerer is !

    ReplyDelete